We've made it to day six of my Six-Day Challenge for Book Lovers! But, before we celebrate, we have a little more work to do.
Today is about organizing the mind. Yesterday, we focused on getting throughts out. Today, we organize those thoughts into actionable steps.
If you don't already own a planner, I highly recommend that you buy one. I love mine, because it fits into my purse (so I can have it near me at all times); it has plenty of space for planning, scheduling, and keeping track of my goals; it has tabs and an elastic band for easily finding and marking places; it's absolutely stunning, and it's inexpensive (eight bucks).
1. Using a journal, a planner, or just a plain piece of paper, plan out your goals for the day, the week, the month, and the year. Try to find a balance between being practical/realistic and allowing yourself to dream.
2. Spend another minute or two journaling with words of affirmation.
3. Walk for at least twenty minutes today.
4. Put everything you use back in its rightful place.
5. Post about today's accomplishments.
6. Comment with words of support and encouragement on other people's posts.
If you like journaling and want to keep track of the books you read, I found this really cool reading journal, Here's what it looks like on the inside. You can get it here.
Please feel free to continue to post to the group to let us know about your progress.
I plan to host this six-day challenge a few times a year, because no matter how good I am at maintaining, I find I still need a purge every so often. The next one will be in September. Please consider yourself invited!
Meanwhile, if you'd like to hear more tips and tricks for book lovers, please join me in The Pohler Bear Lounge on Facebook (if you haven't already), where I go live every Tuesday at 2 p.m. CST (I call it Tuesday Tea with Eva Pohler).
I look forward to reading your posts in the group later today! Thanks for going on this journey with me!